Sunday, March 26, 2006

FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT

JRW: Fish. We love them. We have 2 of them, in a giant glass aquarium on our kitchen counter. Love the little dudes. I also grew up spending my summers fishing in the great wilds of southern Alaska. So I love salmon. It's a weird thing-you're slathering SOY VEY brand teriyaki marinade on a giant slab of fish flesh, and you look over and see these 2 big round eyes looking at you, and you're thinking, "Do they sense that I'm about to cook and eat a giant version of them?". Then you kinda feel guilty for a minute, throw the chopped garlic on top, cover with tin foil and start baking at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes. You just know they do. I'm an awful parent. I try to make up for it by making cesar salad with lots of grated pecorino, and sweet, swet corn on the cob-but there's no hiding the truth. I love salmon, and I cook it well, and Lil'' Buddy and Torterllini will have to grow up and work it out in therapy when they're older.