Friday, October 28, 2005

YOU WANT THE TRUTH?

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! SPICED LENTIL SOUP AND SICILIAN ORANGE SALAD - Directed by KJJ , starring Barnier Picholine as "Olives". KJJ: No its not barf. No its not baby-food. No, those are not chunks of raw beef. All I'm going to say is, I need a new director of cinematography. JRW is going in avant-guarde "shiny, oily, and flashy" directions that I don't feel comfortable with as a culinary arts director. What makes this salad Sicilian, you ask? Not sure! JRW: You just don't understand my vision. When I see a plate of oranges, I see not the fruit itself, but the slime of the vampiric white agriculture barons, exploiting brown skin, the greed of profits over people, the sweat of calloused hands and bent backs, of working for 50 cents an hour...DON'T YOU TELL ME THERE IS EQUALITY IN AMERIKKA! Plus, there's something wrong with the flash on the camera. KJJ: Spiced Lentil Soup from a recipe in Anna Thomas' second volume of the Vegetarian Epicure. My previous note in the cookbook said "Excellent" and you know what folks? I wasnt lying to myself! Bon Apetit!