Thursday, October 12, 2006

WE'RE DONE EATING - INTERNATIONAL GYOZA KING DAY - GYOZA KING RULES ALL - ONE LAND UNITED UNDER GYOZA KING

Click to see a link to Youtube of our video of the super mysterious AGADASHI TOFU served at Gyoza King (a.k.a. best restaurant in North America) in Vancouver. The bonito flakes dance for like 15 minutes, its amazing. If you feel like eating something that looks like its alive and dancing on your plate, this restaurant is for you. Normally we dont do "restaurant reviews" but Gyoza King is only like our favorite place to eat ever. Do you like feeling like you're in authentic Tokyo but you're stuck in British Columbia?? Try Gyoza King! Above, mussels! Above: Scallops, mushrooms and onions! This was the most amazing thing I've eaten in half a year. Above: The famed gyoza! JRW was all crazy to go to his favorite place in Vancouver, Gyoza King. So I'm gonna, like, let him write all about this place. Take it away JRW... JRW: It took me a week to organize my thoughts about the whole GYOZA KING MIRACLE EXPERIENCE. I'd spent since last February reflecting on his majesty, so I was supremely PUMPED BIG TIME, to have dinner there again-I mean, damn...I flew 2000 miles. Have you flown US AIRWAYS? I thought the plane was gonna fall apart-I thought I was gonna wind up in the ocean, on a life raft, deciding who was gonna be the next meal. But I lived, if only to tell you this: I LOVE GYOZA KING. It was like the best of 3 of my favorite culinary worlds, Japanese and French (The vodka in my greyhound makes 3-Russian, if only for vodka. And stroganoff)). Buttery, gingery mussels in the kind of sauce you really want to just drink, action packed little prawn gyoza..oh man. Fried prawn in a wicked little wasabi mayo-dealie. Oh, and mega-cheap. Like...wicked.