Sunday, October 15, 2006

EL SUNDAY CORN HARVEST DINNER DELICIOSO

Corn chowder prepared by Depew Social Society legendary tour de force Chris Sieeeebenthaalerrr. Below, onion cornbread pudding prepared by yours truly, recipe from the 1976 A Texas Hill Country Cookbook purchased in 2005 Calgary, Alberta Canada for one dollar at the used bookstore. Yep, I made some soul food. Mmmmm hmmm. Our complete Sunday dinner. You sir are looking at soup, herb salad w/ home-made vinaigrette, cod baked with mustard wasabi crust, cornbread and corn chowder. And a stack of Italian books on the floor. And now we settle in to a nice long evening of Austin Texas Allergy Attack courtesy of the current rain. JRW: Why do I live in Texas? With allergies like mine? Simple. Corn. I know, you can get corn anywhere. I was just attempting to make a little connection. There is none...except that this awesome corncentric meal was had in Texas. And I have allergies. And hey, isn't Grand Funk just the perfect way to remember this meal by? Yeah, I KNOW!