Tuesday, January 10, 2006

EXPLOITATION GENRE MONDO NOODLES

KJJ: What up my peeps? Witness above the noodles of green. I turned these bad-boys into an Asian sensation of no particular nation. My sauce was a spontaneous mixture of peanut butter, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, Thai satay sauce and even some hoisin thrown in for good measure. Do not cook the sauce, just mix it up in the bottom of each serving bowl. For true fellow Apartment Hobos you will understand and appreciate the ease and inexpense of this meal. For the culinary elite, you will simply be horrified. And you should be horrified. Horrified like an Italian 70s cannibal exploitation film. We eat whatever the f**k we feel like eating, ya dig??! JRW: KJJ does fine in the kitchen. Without a plan, she just starts chopping things up until they fall into place , giving us meals like the one above. I simply panic in this situation, like that kid in 'Country Boys', muttering "Oh jeez" and sighing heavily as I run through my little mental book of epicurean notes. Then I usually sit down next to her on the couch, look her sweetly in the eye and say, "What do you say we go get some Taco Shack?".