Monday, February 27, 2006

CHEESE THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND

KJJ: Are you there God? Its me, L'Aviateur. This fine French 75% Full Fat Soft Cheese is the latest in our collection. I mean, well... its gone already-- but it was in our collection for a day or two. I chose this one because the picture looked suspiciously like someone I know. I passed up a bitchin' looking Auvergne Bleu, which I will go back for this week. I am particularly excited to try it, since the French side of my family were cheese farmers in Auvergne. There is no picture of the following recipe, but I asure you it is beautiful and tasty, inside and out. Serve for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack or apetizer. We had it for breakfast: //Bread of choice (ours was marble rye) //Dijon mustard //Cheese (see above) //Apple (Fuji, Jonagold or Granny Smith) cut into thin slices //Preheat oven - 350 is good. //On sliced bread, apply mustard. //On mustard, apply sliced cheese. //Bake until perfect. //On toasts, apply thin apple slices. //Apply a smidgen of salt on thin apple slices. //Toasts can then be applied directly to open mouth.