Tuesday, February 14, 2006

JRW AND THE CASE OF THE TILAPIA & 'SPARAGUS

JRW: So, after like maybe a month and a half, I was finally free of the stupid constraints of my hand splint, and I wanted to cook some grub for my special lady. For being way out of practice, I guess it wasn't SO bad. I fried up the tilapia in a mix of flour and breadcrumbs, seasoned with lots of pepper, and a few random thyme-ish spices. It turned out fine, but the pan wasn't having it, nor was my patience, and the fish sort of got messy, which I made acceptable by chopping ito "bits". The asparagus, well...you know, I couldn't use my damn had for almost 2 months! I mean, I couldn't do a THING! Couldn't button my shirts, couldn't tie my shoes, couldn't shave, couldn't drive, couldn't sign birthday cards...SO I BUNGED UP SOME ASPARAGUS. SUE ME. The salad was pretty good, though. With grapes!